This adventure safari is perfect for those who want to visit the great wilderness areas of Botswana and the seldom visited Caprivi Strip of Namibia. Starting in Kasane, Botswana and ending at Victoria Falls, this affordable safari is full of adventure yet ideal for those wanting a unique safari. On the Elephant Safari you’ll experience the parks of NW Namibia, the ancient rock art of Tsodilo, the swamps of the Okavango Delta and the Moremi Game Reserve and Chobe National Park. These reserves offer some of the best wildlife viewing in Africa. Located in the remote bush, many campsites are private, wild, and unfenced. The Elephant Safari is a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the daily rhythms and magic of the African wilderness.
This safari is a "participation mobile camping safari" because guests "participate" by setting up their own tent, carrying their luggage from the vehicle to the tent, and sleeping on a mattress pad (not a bed or cot). The safari runs with one vehicle and a trailer to haul all the supplies as you move from camp to camp. Many guests will also pitch in with the cooking, though this is not required. Each safari is accompanied by a professional guide and a camp assistant who will ensure your safari is safe, educational, and fun.
- Sunset boat cruise on the Chobe River
- 2 nights in NE Namibian National Parks - Caprivi area
- 1 night Tsodilo Hills World Heritage Site
- Okavango Delta
- Optional Game/Scenic Delta flight (extra cost)
- 3 nights Moremi Game Reserve
- 3 nights Chobe National Park
- Victoria Falls, Livingstone, Zambia
- This is a participation, group safari. You'll join other travelers and pitch your own tent.
2017 Current Rates*
- $2500.00: (July-Oct)
- $2315.00: (Nov-June)
- Single Supplement: $110
*Rates are subject to exchange fluctuations