This adventure safari is perfect for those with limited time who still want to visit the great wilderness areas of Botswana. Starting in Maun, Botswana and ending at Victoria Falls, this affordable safari is long on adventure yet ideal for those traveling on a budget. The Fish Eagle Safari takes you into the swamps and lagoons of the Okavango Delta and continues through the Moremi Game Reserve and Chobe National Park. These reserves offer some of the best wildlife viewing in Africa. Located in the remote bush, most campsites are private, wild, and unfenced. It's not unusual to have wildlife wander through camp. The Fish Eagle Safari is a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the daily rhythms and magic of the African wilderness.
This safari is a "participation mobile camping safari" because guests "participate" by setting up their own tent, carrying their luggage from the vehicle to the tent, and sleeping on a mattress pad (not a bed or cot). The safari runs with one vehicle and a trailer to haul all the supplies as you move from camp to camp. Many guests will also pitch in with the cooking, though this is not required. Each safari is accompanied by a professional guide and a camp assistant who will ensure your safari is safe, educational, and fun.
- 11 Day Safari Adventure
- Central Okavango Delta & Mokoro Excursions
- Motorboat in the Delta
- Optional Game/Scenic Delta flight (extra cost)
- 3 nights Moremi Game Reserve
- 3 nights Chobe National Park
- 1 night at a comfortable lodge in Livingstone, Zambia
- Visit to Victoria Falls in Livingstone, Zambia
- This is a participation, group safari. You'll join other travelers and pitch your own tent.
2017 Current Rates*
- $1910.00: (July-Oct)
- $1800.00: (Nov-June)
- Single Supplement: $110 (Jan-Dec
- *Rates are subject to exchange fluctuations