This adventure safari is perfect for those who want to visit the great wilderness areas of Botswana. Starting in Kasane, Botswana and ending at Victoria Falls, this affordable safari is full of adventure yet ideal for those wanting a unique safari. On the Lion Safari you’ll experience the vast grasslands of Nxai Pan, the swamps of the Okavango Delta, and the Moremi Game Reserve and Chobe National Park. These reserves offer some of the best wildlife viewing in Africa. Located in the remote bush, many campsites are private, wild, and unfenced. The Lion Safari is a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the daily rhythms and magic of the African wilderness.
This safari is a "participation mobile camping safari" because guests "participate" by setting up their own tent, carrying their luggage from the vehicle to the tent, and sleeping on a mattress pad (not a bed or cot). The safari runs with one vehicle and a trailer to haul all the supplies as you move from camp to camp. Many guests will also pitch in with the cooking, though this is not required. Each safari is accompanied by a professional guide and a camp assistant who will ensure your safari is safe, educational, and fun.
- 15 Day Safari Adventure
- Sunset boat cruise on the Chobe River
- 4 days in Chobe National Park
- 2 days in Nxai Pan National Park
- Mokoro excursions on the Okavango Delta
- Optional Scenic Delta flight (extra cost)
- 3 days in the Moremi Game Reserve
- 1 night at a comfortable lodge in Livingstone, Zambia
- Visit to the Victoria Falls, Livingstone, Zambia
- This is a participation, group safari. You'll join other travelers and pitch your own tent.
2017 Current Rates*
- $2490.00: (July-Oct)
- $2295.00: (Nov-June)
- Single Supplement: $110
*Rates are subject to exchange fluctuations