The Namibian Experience offers an economical, 14 day journey to all the main highlights in northern and southern Namibian. On this mobile camping safari you’ll join other like minded travelers as you explore the many sights of this stunning country.
Depart from Windhoek and continue to the Kalahari area, from the Kalahari your journey takes you to the mighty Fish River Canyon and through the stark and tortured beauty of the Southern Namib and to the tiny fishing center of Luderitz. Continue to the Namib Desert where you spend 2 nights at Sesriem and Sossusvlei. Here you will stroll among the world’s highest sand dunes in the world’s oldest desert. We return to Windhoek for one night and then continue north on the second half of the trip.
You will then meet close-up-and personal the big cats at Okonjima, the amazing wildlife in Etosha National Park and have first hand experience of the Stone Age culture of the Himba Tribes. We continue our journey through the beautiful desert scenery of Damaraland and past Namibia’s highest mountain. Our last destination is Namibia’s premier seaside town, Swakopmund on the Skeleton Coast before returning to Windhoek.
The Namibian Experience is considered a semi-participation camping safari as you’re asked only to set up your tent. You’ll camp in public campsites and accompanied by a professional guide and camp assistant.
- Experience the Kalahari and see one of Africa’s largest canyons
- Explore the Atlantic coast and the fishing center of Luderitz
- Hike the highest sand dunes in the world
- Learn about big cat conservation at the African Foundation
- Game drives throughout Etosha National Park
- Visit the World Heritage Site of Twyfelfontein
- Visit a Himba village and learn about their traditions
- Enjoy the cool breeze and great seafood in Swakopmund
2017 Current Rates*
- $2385.00: (April 2017-Mar 2018)
- No single supplement
*Rates subject to change due to currency fluctuations