The Namibian Explorer offers an economical, ten day journey to all the main Namibian highlights. On this mobile camping safari you’ll join other like minded travelers as you explore sights of this stunning country.
The tour starts with a visit to the Africat Foundation at Okonjima to meet and learn about Africa’s Big Cats. From here we head northwards to Etosha National Park for some concentrated game viewing, exiting the park we travel to a Himba village where you are brought into touch with some of Namibia’s ancient traditions before travelling to see the famous rock art at Twyfelfontein (UNESCO Heritage Site). We continue our journey south-east towards Swakopmund on the southern Skeleton Coast. Spend some time sea kayaking, take a scenic flight or simply enjoy the small town vibe. Our final destination is the Namib Desert where we spend two nights close to the awesome sand dunes at Sesriem and Sossusvlei, the world’s tallest dunes in the world’s oldest desert.
The Namibian Explorer is considered a semi-participation camping safari as you’re asked only to set up your tent. You’ll camp in public campsites and accompanied by a professional guide and camp assistant.
- Game drives throughout Etosha National Park
- Visit the World Heritage Site of Twyfelfontein
- Visit a Himba village and learn about their traditions
- Learn about big cat conservation at the African Foundation
- Enjoy the cool breeze and great seafood in Swakopmund
- Hike the highest sand dunes in the world
2017 Current Rates*
- $1370.00: (April 2017-Mar 2018)
- No single supplement
*Rates subject to change due to currency fluctuations